Is summer leaving you in the dust? If you haven’t booked that weekend seaside getaway or jaunt to grandma’s house yet, have no fear. There’s still time for that summer getaway and here’s how to do it economically.
1. Don’t be too picky about your travel days. Tuesday and Wednesday are two of the cheapest days to travel.
2. Booking your excursion midweek can also save you cash. Reports show that the best time to book a low cost airline ticket is Tuesday at 3pm.
3. Reduce those luggage fees when you get to the airport. Overweight baggage, even by only a pound, may possibly cost you an additional $100 each-way!
1. Have you ever haggled over price with the front desk clerk at your hotel? A new report showed that those who did received a lower rate or room upgrade 80% of the time.
2. Also consider booking a room at an inn you have never heard of. New hotels frequently cut rates to catch the attention of patrons throughout peak season.
Before you take off
1. If you’re visiting a major city, look to see if there are attraction cards or a city passes at the beginning of your trip. These passes typically give you admittance to museums, bus tours and may even give you the opportunity to jump to the front of long lines!
2. Keep an eye on the news where you are headed too. Local newspapers and message boards can provide information from locals and recent visitors for inexpensive meals and complimentary local events.